IML: Imperials and everything else

Hello all, just a few thoughts.

    I have been pondering the question of if and when the Imperial name would be revived.  The short of it would have to be I hope it isn't.  Let me elaborate.

    How many of us , on our outing with our beloved Imperial get approached by admiring people that strike up the following conversation.

    " Let me guess, an Impala?"
    or
    "I love those old Chryslers!"
    or
    "They sure did know how to build a car in the 50's !"  ( I own a 63 custom)

They then go on to tell you about the car they use to own.  These cars are almost always an old mustang, corvette, or other car that production numbers in the 100,000's and higher.  They will almost always tell you that they sure wish they still had that car.  The truth is they want to make some kind of connection to me,  that they are a brother, a compadre'.  Someone else that loves the way things were back when cars were made out of steel and crome.  I love the fact that when I pull up to a stoplight next to a 100,000 dollar ferarri, I get more looks.  I like the Imperial the way It is,  that rare, gorgous bird in a world full of pigons.  If the Imperial was revived It would become just another high priced Chrysler.

Chris M.
63 Custom Imperial 2 door.