Re: IML: reviving the Imperial ---> Why?/ Especially if you can't do i

Re: IML: reviving the Imperial ---> Why?/ Especially if you can't do it right!

In a message dated 3/1/2005 11:43:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx writes:
These are the good old days right now.
I spent a week driving the 300 Touring in Florida (250 hp V6) and I frankly wasn't impressed. The car is just OK. Performance was somewhat spirited but I can't say much for the quality of materials used and the fit and finish of the interior - rather cheap looking in my opinion. The handling was so-so.  I just don't think Chrysler knows how to build a luxury car, and I would imagine that a new Imperial would have to be a true luxury car. I don't think they're even capable of building an entry level luxury car. Compare the 300 with the new Toyota Avalon, for example, and the Avalon is the hands-down winner. I love my 68 Imp convert in large part because it represents something completely different than what is available today at any price and represents an era that is gone forever. A modern Imperial would surely turn out to be a major disappointment, and coming out of a 2003 Saab 9-5 3.0 liter would turn out to be a significant backward step for me as a driver. Besides, wait until it snows!!!!

Tom