Re: IML: reviving the Imperial ---> Why?/ Especially if you can't do i

Re: IML: reviving the Imperial ---> Why?/ Especially if you can't do it right!

I would be happy if they just brought back a
New-Yorker level vehicle, much less an Imperial.

I LOVE the 300's, having recently driven one for 2
weeks out west.  However, my problem with them is
two-fold.

One:  the interior and exterior color palette is
dreary.  Nothing but non-colors that are all
variations on shades of dirt!

Where are interior colors like the warm saddle color
leather used in the original 300'? Or white leather
for use in hot climates?  Or the trendy Russet leather
already in use in the Crossfire?  Or dark green which
would look so good against the tortoise trim.

And where are the beautiful paint colors like Deep
Plum, Silver Lilac Metallic, Turbine Bronze, Sequoia
Green to respectively go with the above interior
colors?

Two:  Interior design.  While very well executed in
standard form, the car cries out for an upgraded
interior option - a "New Yorker" level of trim, if you
will, which traditionally included unique door panel
design, far more lavish seat trim, and upgraded
carpet.  Chrysler is mistaken if they don't think
there is a big market for this.

Address these two issues in a special model of the
existing 300 Hemi, using unique colors and a much
better interior, and you'd have something that came
real close to a modern Imperial in spirit.

Chris H.

66 LeBaron