Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:25 PM
Subject: Why go halfway? (was RE: IML: An old question - reviving the Imperial)

JosephStil@xxxxxxx
ialclub.com Subject: RE: IML: An old question - reviving the Imperial

03/02/2005 06:22 AM Please respond to mailing-list

Mornin' all:

Isn't DC the company that builds the Maybach?

Dammit, Joe, you stole my idea!

I had a lengthy conversation today with another Imperialist about this
topic.

2. Make the Imperial distinct from the 300, as it should be. It's the
gentleman's town car vs. the gentleman's sports car. A gussied up 300 with
a waterfall grille would not fulfill the requirement for luxury that we
expect from anything bearing the Imperial name. Also, why sully the highly
successful 300 brand by declaring it Chrysler's second best car?

> 6. Avoid cannibalizing market share from Mercedes products in the > $40-100k
range.

I realize that price point is out of reach for nearly all list members,
myself included. That's not the point. We are discussing whether DC could
or should produce a product that can proudly carry the Imperial brand into
the 21st century.

Retro styling seems to be the order of the day.  How about bringing back
the stainless steel roof?  Two-tone paint?  Wide whitewalls?  Rear wheel
drive -- okay, updated for modern technology, how about all wheel drive as
a compromise?  Dare I say it, the flight sweep deck lid?  DC could really
have some fun with it if they let themselves.  Look at the PT Cruiser.

-- David