IML: transmission fluid type

Hello!

What kind of replacement fluid should be used in a 1988 torqueflite three speed automatic? I asked the clerks at Advance Auto-they didn't know. Don't have any owners manuals on this car. I know the later Mopars need a special fluid, atf 3, but how about the older ones.? Is Dexron OK for the older torqueflights? I remember reading somewhere that Ford type gave more positive shifts-

Any transmission experts out there?                                       TED