Brad;

The parts store gave me a regular master cylinder, the wrong one. I only paid 20.00 for it, which I have to bring back. One Imperial owner stated that there was a lifetime recall on the Bendix and in your email you state that I can convert it to a standard brake package. Is there anything special I need to know to do this?

anthony

At 10:43 PM 4/5/2005 -0500, you wrote:
IMO, it's too bad you bought that expensive master cylinder rather than
converting the system to standard power brakes.

----- Original Message -----
From: <alacaria@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1990 Imperial? Master Cylinder

Brad;

Thanks, according it is a Bendix system. The date of manufacturer of the car is 5/90

At 08:43 PM 4/5/2005 -0500, you wrote: >Is this the ABS system? If so, Bosch or Bendix? You may be looking at >salvage yards for that part. > >This picture shows the Bendix system. > >http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/90Imperial/Repairs/ABSRetrofit/i magepages/image2.html > >----- Original Message ----- >From: <alacaria@xxxxxxxxx> >To: <mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:29 PM >Subject: IML: 1990 Imperial? Master Cylinder > > > > >Guys; > > >I have a problem. My son has a 1990 Chrysler Imperial Mark Cross Edition >which he loves. I just replaced his front rotors and brake pads and >adjusted his emergency brake. I do not know how his brakes worked before as >I did not drive it. But after replacing everything above I came to find out >that he did not have much brake pedal. So I went and purchased a new master >cylinder and when I went to put it on, I guess I was into too big of a >hurry and damaged the reservoir. What I did find is that the Imperial has >one large combined hydraulic unit with a three filler reservoir on the top. >My question is this, does anyone know where I can find a reservoir for this >unit? Also all the parts stores do not show this unit on a 1990 or 1991 >Imperial. > > >Any ideas