IML: Imperial & Polara damage

Finally got the estimates for the repair of the Imperial and Polara that
were damaged in the move. The Imperial body work (alone, no parts) is right
at $4,800. The Polara's damage comes in at $3200 with no parts. Seems
they're having trouble locating parts. No duh. Those estimates are from a
local body guy that came highly recommended. Charlie at Thunder Road in
Round Rock Texas. I wonder if anyone on the list has heard of him?

Low and behold, I got the estimates back from the mover. Almost half of
Charlie's estimates! And that includes parts! They're thinking I'll be able
to pick up perfect wheel mouldings for a '63 Imperial for $62. Or, how about
a complete antenna assembly for the Polara for $91?

I'll be escalating this tomorrow. But, I'm still in shock in what they're
even offering. I'd be interested in getting some insight from others that
have had to go through this grief.

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.imperialclub.org/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html