From: "Ken W Stephenson" <kss37215@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2005 6:56 PM
Subject: IML: 82 Imperial Resurrection

Latest on the Nozzle and Control Pump autopsy.  Both were immaculate
internally.  Absolutely no crud, looked brand new.  Tested motor on
bench, ran at all speeds, up to 23 volts per spec.  Anyone attempting
this "cleanup" should make sure they have a 5/16" Allen wrench handy for
the bypass regulator cap.  I'm convinced that nothing can get past those
dual fuel filters.
This was very educational, but we are back to square one.  I shall now do
what Dick recommended and replace the ignition wires, cap, rotor, and
coil, as they are all original.  I have a 93 Grand Cherokee, a 93
Imperial, and a 91 TC, all have over 150,000 miles and 12 to 14 years of
snow belt winters, and all I have ever changed on them were spark plugs.
This 82 Imperial spent it's life in sunny southern California, but maybe
the dry climate got to those high voltage parts.  I've seen that happen
to high voltage power supplies at military installations out there.  Any
suggestions on replacement components, or just stay with OEM equivalents?
 I'm going to take a rest and regrow my epidermis after contact with all
that carb cleaner.
Ken   k9kws