Re: IML: the hot starting problem,,,,,,again!!!!

I believe the owner's manual states not to continue cranking past 15 seconds. I followed this advice, but the repeated attempts to crank my car (which has an electric fuel pump) fried the starter in less than a year.

From: "jsadowski" <jsadowski@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: the hot starting problem,,,,,,again!!!!
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:51:50 -0700

It seems I read someplace that you shouldn't crank the engine longer then that if it refuses to start without a rest in beween trys. I guess, If we all took this advice, we wouldn't be replacing starters near as often.
John
----- Original Message ----- From: "mail.lig.bellsouth.net" <jagster911@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>