From: "Rob P" <fristpenny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Airflow knock-off?

I figured the Peugeot price may have been jacked up because it's a
convertible.  Don't get down on the price because they are "production"
cars. Hemi 'cuda convertibles go for upwards of a million and you'd be hard
pressed to find any hemi e-body for under $100,000.  Anybody with $4000
could have bought one 35 years ago. Heck, 25 years ago you could have had
your pick at $1,500.

As for the similarities between the bug and the airflow, I think Full
Throttle on the History Channel just mentioned this including pictures.
It's a show with the "turbo twins" where identical cars and parts are given
to 2 person teams with a day to build and then drag race.  During the
history portion of the bug episode I believe they mentioned this.  If not it
was on one of the other cable car shows.

Rob