Re: IML: DAS Transporation dissatisfaction /REPY

Re: IML: DAS Transporation dissatisfaction /REPY

I am assuming that DAS, is the same as Direct Auto Shipping, and want to add my experience to the mix.......Last July I purchased a 67 Buick Convertible in Oregon, had it shipped from Medford Oregon to Palm Springs, on day two of the experience then called me and told me there would be a delay in delivery, as they had an accident where a Thunderbird had dropped from the top part of the transport onto the hood and windshield of my car. When I tried to get compensation they refused any responsibility, saying I failed to place a checkmark on the back of the contract accepting the insurance. In the small print, even acceptance would get me compensation of 250 dollars.  Try replacing a hood and windshield of a 67 Electra Convertible.... The windshield alone was next to impossible, with luck I managed to find one in an old dealership in Kansas that had been closed for many years. Sweet folks DAS are would not even pay for shipping.  Attorneys told me it would cost more to recover than it was worth, so I was stuck.  I never received satisfaction, but believe me, I am not a good advertising source for DAS!

Allen Gordon
Palm Springs
67 Imperial Convertible
(+ 67 Electra Convertible) Mentioned above