Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 5:34 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: story & question

Hello list,
  The mighty 71 4-door Le Baron needs a new
distributor.  Can anyone recommend the best one for
this use(440 engine)?"  It had one when I got it,
which went bad and the manufacturer of which was out
of business, so I bought a rebuilt points
unit(mistake).  I'd like to buy one from a company
that will be around in a few years.
      The story is that my mechanic could not find the
bad lobes with his modern scope/analyzer in his shop,
but found them right away with the ancient 12-volt
scope in his attic!  So there.
   Any recommendations?

thanks
Bruce S