Re: IML: Blinker fluid in '90s Imperials

Re: IML: Blinker fluid in '90s Imperials

AOO  this could be the answer to why on my 90 IMP when i turn into a turn the blinker slows and when I turn out if a turn it speeds up. and on the other hand in my 75 IMP LeBaron It does just the opposite as the turn signal blinkers and on opposite side of the cars.   Humm is the fluid different form 90 to 75 or can i use the same in both, or would i need a multi grade fluid for my 90 as it has sequential 4 segment signals in the rear?
-------------- Original message from David Whitney <hazegreen66@xxxxxxxxx>: --------------

I tried to stay out of this one, but I can't help myself.

The blinker fluid system is a "closed system", meaning fluid is not consumed during normal operation.  In the '90s Imperials, the blinker fluid level sensor returns a resistance value to the SBEC's pin 37B5H44-0.  The digital dash indicates "Check Gauges", accompanied by an overhead console readout "Low blinker fluid", when the level falls below minimum.  That means you have a leak somewhere.  If your digital dash is burned out or your sensor fails, you can still tell when you have a fluid leak because the blinkers slow down as the level drops.

hee hee hee,

David

Happy motoring,

David

'91 K-Imperial driver
'66 Crown Coupe project
'66 LeBaron dual air and every option known to man

Yahoo! for Good