Re: IML: 73 Carb..

That's what I said too, the flare makes the seal. Sealing the threads is a waste of time.

From: "DR CHALLENGER" <drchallenger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: 73 Carb..
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 02:51:48 +0000

been working on cars for 25 years, ever have had to use a thread sealer on a flare fitting.

From: Brad Hogg <LuxoLiner@xxxxxxx>
Jerry. There are two fittings there. Take the metal fuel line off the carb, screw the larger fitting into the carb firmly, using teflon tape is advised, then do the same with the fitting on the metal fuel line, also with teflon tape. You can use two wrenches to finish up and be sure everything is tight, without damaging the carburetor. If it still leaks, you may have a hair line crack in the carb from someone overtightening the fitting. In this case, I'd be looking for a replacement from the rebuilder..

Merry Christmas to you too! I got a 426 Hemi working model for Christmas! How happy am I!

----- Original Message ----- From: jhplc@xxxxxxxxxxx