Title: Re: IML: Please Welcome New Member, Jens Dybdahl (1969)
The JK in the wheel size refers to the shape of the flange area of the rim. Bolt circle is not generally part of the wheel size but a separate measurement, stated simply as you did, such as <5 x 5” bolt circle>.

Chris in LA

On 3/24/06 6:35 PM, Frederick Joslin at fljoslin@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I also have a 1969 LeBaron 2 door green with a reen interior.

According to my 1969 manual the wheels for the Budd brakes are "Drop Center 15 x 6 JK". I believe the JK denotes a 5 x 5" bolt pattern. I was at a Sears store here in the US inquiring about wheels for my car and they listed 5 x 4.5" as the bolt pattern. The grease monkey did not like, nor believe me, that the wheels are really a 5 x 5" bolt pattern.

BTW, I recently put 255/70R15 tires onto my stock wheels and they look good and fit fine.

Good luck with you wheel search. Also, you should be able to get good used steel wheels in the US for $20-30 each. Shipping?
----- Original Message -----
From: Eric
Subject: IML: Please Welcome New Member, Jens Dybdahl (1969)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:19:17 -0800

New Subscriber(s): Jens Dybdahl
Email Address is: jd@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Denmark, Europe

Car(s) owned: 1969 LeBaron Coupe, green with green leather

Self-Introduction: Bought the car in
Minneapolis December 1994. I have all the
original papers on it including original sales
documents, and it seems the car has done only
70,000 miles total. Out of these, I put almost
20,000 miles on the clock during my six months
in the US - didn't spend much time at the U of
M, admitted - had to see all states in 6 months.
I hope you don't blame me for "stealing" such a
valuable artifact from American history but I
just couldn't bear to sell it and had to bring
it with me when I left the states. Hopefully, I
can bring it back one day.
Due to the weather conditions in our part of
the world, we (my two elder brothers and I)
only use it as a summer car. My wife and I went
to France last year. Can you imagine what a
crowd this giant boat will pull in a small
French village? Great fun and a trouble free,
smooth and very fast 2,000 miles ride...

Found your website through Summit Racing, in
the search for original or near-original
Imperial wheels. My wheels are so worn they
cannot be balanced properly, so I need to find
myself 4 or 5 good (preferably new) wheels. I
am having problems with the bolt pattern,
though: everyone tells me it is a 15x7 rim size
with a 5x4∏" bolt circle. But I measure a 5x5"
bolt circle and have already bought one set of
rims that don't fit because I relied on the
data in the books.

This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the