IML: maybe too much coffee this morning..

IML: maybe too much coffee this morning..

Hola..

Just looked at the very very kewl model that Chris Middlebrook built, and either the coffee was kicking in a bit hard or I dont know, but would a set of long rams actually physically fit in a 61-63 Imperial? I always presumed there wasnt enough clearance to the inner fenders, since the sheetmetal comes inboard so much to create that extra wide fender horizontal surface. The implications are overwhelming, I consider long rams one of the holy grails of Ma Mopars engineering, as well as the sheer eye appeal of what they are in an engine bay.

Obviously the auto pilot would be in the way but imho a set of long rams is a bit kewler than an auto pilot, I could see the power brake booster being a problem but they do make remote boosters. If this meant not having a heat riser between the exhaust and intake manifolds , I could probably live with that since I dont drive a lot when its freezing or below. Thats what block heaters are for anyway.

Well now in the meantime I have to find another Imperial model to build and then a model of anything with some long rams, and get my modeling tools out..............

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe