Re: IML: 64 Imperials

Unlike most Imperials of the '60's, the 64 convertible
upholstery pattern is relatively simple to re-create
authentically.   The only problem you might have is
finding black welting delicate enough to match the
original.  Also, pay attention to the  grain and sheen
of the leather you buy.  Most new leather today looked
sunbaked and chalky compared to the glossy leathers
used in 1964. Specify a gloss finish.

Definitely go this route.  Finding a worthy used
interior is likely to be nearly impossible.  By the
time you ship it and go through the process of dyeing
it you'll wish you had reupholstered your originals
instead.

There is a thin chrome band encircling the top well
opening, with fasteners at regular intervals.

Chris H.

66 LeBaron