Re: IML: Undercoating removal

gpagency@xxxxxxx wrote:
I am getting ready to remove my gas tank and as I was checking the bolts that hold the tank strap, I realized that the were covered with undercoating (factory?). When I say covered you can barely make out the strap or that there is a nut on the threaded portion. My questions are; Is there a way to dissolve the under coating on this part of the strap so I can get a wrench or socket on it? Will I end up having to "chop" my way through it?
Did the Imperials all come with factory undercoating or was a dealer applied item?

Take a hacksaw or dremel and just cut them off. You can get new J bolts very easily and cheaply but if you mess around and break the tang that the bolt mounts in your in a "Heap O Trouble" (tm). If you can't find the bolts locally www.gastank.com has them for practically nothing.

Steve B.