From: Karl
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:29 PM
Subject: IML: To custom or not to custom?

I recently bought a second 1960 Imperial 4 door custom  (yesterday)  I have
one in the middle of a full restore.  It is a numbers matching all original.
The second I just got is the same.  Bad news is the engine was full of water
over a winter.  Cracks!!!  Now the question.
Has anyone ever seen a custom built from a 60 Imperial?
If in my position would you purchase a new 413ci and kind of restore it?  (I
say kind of because it would be a different engine.)
I ask because I am debating on making a hot rod that is similar to the
original to show side by side.  Paint them both the same and such.
Just wanted to hear some thoughts on this.
Thanks
Karl