IML: Highway HiFi

I had a stroke of luck today at a car show.

 I had only just arrived when a guy stuck his head though the open window and asked if I would be interested in a Highway HiFi.

To be honest I was expecting him to offer me a European Phillips model which are realtively common here in the UK  but sure enough, the guy had the genuine item. He had pulled it from a '61 New Yorker which he owned some time ago.

The price was good, so bought it on the spot. It needs some restoration but nothing that can't be put right.

The only difference that I can see between this unit and the RCA Victor AP1 model is that the name on the front says Kaye-Halbert. In almost every other respect it matches the RCA model perfectly as shown in the 1960 FSM. Was this an aftermarket version?

Does anyone have this model in their car? If so, is there any way you could send me a good close-up jpeg of the facia? The lettering and artwork on the facia from my unit is badly scratched and I want to reproduce a replacement overlay.

BTW. My congratulations to our brilliant archivists who have once again provided me with priceless information.  This time in the shape of wiring diagrams for the AP1. Where else could you find trhis kind of stuff?

Best wishes,

Tony V.
'61 LeBaron