8 mpg

Just curious ---- A friend of mine owns a 35 ft motorhome with a V 10 triton
engine and weights at least 18000 LBS makes 8 miles per gallon.  Me with my
55- 331 cid Newport  2- 4 barrel carburetor weighing around 5000 LBS making 8
mpg also ---if I am on a turnpike. I am sure some of you with the 413 and 440
engines with a single 4 barrel carb. are experiencing the same thirsty
powerplants. Will new steelbelt tires improve gas  mileage, still have the
old H 78x 15  4 ply Remington Cushion Air tires.   Any thoughts on this . I
would appreciate very much.. Sincerely   Dieter in Pa  55  Newport