8 mpg

Dieter;
 The first thing to keep in mind about your friend's V10 and your 331 Hemi
is that his V10 has electronic fuel injection and electronic ignition. On
the same engine the difference in fuel economy between an EFI setup and a
regular carb setup, when they are both operating correctly, can be as much
as twenty percent. With dual quad carburetors the gap in fuel consumption
would be even worse. I think that this is the main reason you are getting
the same gas milage even though your vehicle is considerably lighter.
 With your dual quad setup, depending on how rich they are running, and how
lead footed you are with the throttle, will make a big difference. If the
point ignition isn't running correctly that will also make a difference in
power and gas milage. Another factor that will make a difference is how many
cubic feet per minute of gas-air mixture your current carbs are designed to
deliver into the manifold. Changing the tires won't make that much
difference in gas milage but keeping them properly inflated will, just from
the reduction in rolling resistance.
 Other then a tune up you would have to undertake some changes to the fuel
system or the engine to make a real difference. If you swapped your curent
pair of carburetors with some smaller ones it will help. If you wanted to
increase the compression ratio of the engine that would also help. Other
then that you may consider going back to the standard four barrel intake and
carburetor. The best option would be to go back to the standard carburetor
and increase the compression, then you can get more power from a lesser
amount of gas.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.