fuel mileage...

At 01:50 PM 1/21/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>*sigh*  I have such a lead foot.  My curiousity really
>begs to know what my '67 could get, but my right foot
>always has the better say.  On highways where I can
>maintain a steady speed, its rarely under 75mph.  An
>article I read recently said that mileage goes down
>exponentially after 55mph.
On my green 68 Sedan, the mileage will be in the 12-13 mpg range if I drive
in the 75-90 mph range, and about 14 if I drive 65-70.  Since its going to
suck the gas anyway, I drive it faster.  My 68 LeBaron may be more
sensitive to speed.  I only own it for a few months so I don't know for
sure.  Also, it has a lock up torque converter which will improve
transmission efficiency at low speeds, especially while accelerating or
going up hill...
D^2