Radio Installation in a 73

To all,
I am looking at installing an aftermarket radio in my
Imperial.  The original does not work great and I
would like to add CD capability to my car.  I plan on
leaving the original in the dash and mounting the new
one under the dash hidden and use a remote for it so
that it could be concealed more.  I have obtained all
of the necessary connectors for the wiring so that I
don't have to hack away at the original wiring harness
and can plug the original radio in at any time in the
future.
I understand with the AM/FM Imperial radios there is a
three prong connector going out to the splitter under
dash.  What wires are what?  The power wire and
antenna wire should not be difficult but I am unsure
about the speaker wires.  Is it difficult to adapt a
modern radio into an Imperial?  I do understand that
the sound output will be lower due to the original
speakers being 8 ohm units while the newer radios work
best with 4 ohm speakers.  Does anyone have any
advice?

Chad
1973 Imp
1966 Galaxie