Please WELCOME New Members, Mike & Candice Jewett (1953)

Please WELCOME New Members, Mike & Candice Jewett (1953)

New Subscriber(s): Mike & Candice Jewett
Email Address is: mcjewett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Southern Maine

Car(s) owned: 1953 4-door town sedan, dark green with light green interior,
59,900 mi.

Self-Introduction: We have owned this car for about 6 years and have only
driven it on weekends during the summer. MPG were not much of a worry when
this baby was new. It is in excellent shape, but needs a lot of cosmetic
work. There is no exterior rust; the body is solid as a rock. The old hemi
runs like brand new and has that big old American V-8 sound. This one has
the semi-automatic Fluid Drive, which I have been told is nearly
indestructable.  It wanders a bit on secondary roads, but is very stable on
the highway. Maybe a set of radials and a little front end work would help.
Just before we put it away for the season last year, the brakes let go so
those have to be looked at in the spring. One of these days we hope to find
someone who can rebuild the power brake booster. We don't have the money yet
for a complete restoration, so the car remains all original. I would like to
hear how it sounds with duals and glasspacks, though.