rear windows, part duex. Help?

Today after work I decided to get adventurous and
tackle the RHS rear window.  After removing the door
trim I tested the motor- nothing.  Well, the LHS motor
was brand new, but this one was (probably) 35 years
old, so, yup, bearings were full of water, rusted, you
know the story.  So I need a new Motor.  No big deal.

Problem is, while maneuvering the motor to get it out
and jiggling the glass, the glass just about came of
in my hand.  There is a metal support that holds the
glass at its bottom, and this metal support has the
holes in it for the window raise/lower mechanism.

The slot in this metal support is about 1/4" wide, and
was filled with some very old looking, and quite
brittle, rubber.  Now, it seems to me that I need to
remove all this (which I've already done, in typical
"dive right in" mentality) and replace it with a strip
of glued rubber, then press the glass in.

Does this sound right?  Anybody who has done this
before have some pointers?  My car has some
ghetto-esque plastic taped over the rear window, for
the time being; it looks gawdawful and I won't drive
it in that condition!  But, its supposed to rain tomorrow...

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

My girlfriend left me
My trusty Imperial