Exhaust Manifold Gasket

I just did this on my 68 Imperial Convertible.  My
understanding is you can warp the manifold. Check for
loose nuts first.  Then check the bolts and gasket at
the connection between the exhaust pipe and the
manifold.  Replacing the manifold gaskets is fairly
simple (8 bucks for the actual gaskets at Kragen) and
a couple of hours of labor.  It took me about 3 hours,
but then again I'm not very bright.  When I replaced
mine, it turned out that my manifold surfaces were in
fact warped as well.  To have the mechanic machine
them down and get me on the road was less than 200. Be
careful with the bolts that the manifold(s) slips
onto.  If one breaks, you will be hurting in the worst
way.  Now it sounds absolutely awesome (the little I
actually hear) and was well worth the effort. Have
fun.

Trevor
"It's a 68 Imperial Crown convertible...and no it's
not for sale."