unwanted tires

Has anyone had the experience of buying a set of tires, having them put
on the car, and then deciding they don't want them?

Any advice on how to get my money back?

I just bought a set of Firestone 721s for my '68 convertible based on
the recommendations of several people, and I have to say I'm extremely
disappointed with them.

First of all, I found the width of the whitewall on these tires to be
too wide for a '68, in my opinion (almost 2 inches).  I had read what
their width was before I bought them, but reading is one thing & seeing
is another.  I think I'm really looking for something closer to 1-1
1/4".

Second, the construction of the tires appears very poor.  By that I
mean, the whitewall appears to have been "plastered over," or applied
over, a pre-existing narrower whitewall.  In certain lighting conditions
you can see the outlines of the narrow whitewall underneath quite
clearly.

In addition, these tires all arrived at my dealer with scuffs and tiny
chips missing from the whitewalls.  These weren't apparent until I got
the car home and cleaned the tires thoroughly.  (The dealer cleaned off
the blue but left big smudges and fingerprints all over; the dirt
obscured the defects.)

Also, there appears to be overspray, for lack of a better term, on the
black area of the tires, like tiny dots of white paint.

Surprisingly, they're also a lot noisier than the old tires I had on
there.  This is my first experience with Firestone tires & I'm not
impressed.  Anybody ever return a set of tires?

Mark