Welcome back, KE ITH HOPPING

Quoting Hugh & Therese <hugtrees@xxxxxxxx>:
Thanks for the welcome back Hugh ,you have disappointed me on the speedo issue
I felt sure you would have come back with something like,jack up the left
rear ,wind down the front windows and remove the two screws in the centre and
it all comes out through the glove box.Never mind I have a couple of weeks to
take care of this and I'm sure its not impossible.One thing of interest to
others is that the speedo cable had been disconected from the trans ,I thought
this was going to be the answer to why the auto pilot and speedo didn't go.Well
it was I suppose .
But more to the point the auto pilot was stuck fast,it just would not turn at
all.When I removed and stripped it I found an incorrect length of  mounting
bolt had been used ,this had gone way to far into the housing and crushed the
steel driving gear on the inside. (Does any one have a gear before I start with
bronze and file on this one)and what about the little screws holding the auto
pilot cover on they are 8 pointed heads ,that makes it hard for a start.any way
I thought this was all worth a mention, the bolt that has done the damage is
the mounting bracket bolt on the out side bracket nearest the fender.Will keep
you all informed as the upgrade of this old girl procceds.Hugh asked why I
decided to buy an imperial and I know he is anticipating a well penned and in
depth answer on the moment that I found I could not live without a 58 2dr .Well
Hugh its time for me to let you down as the facts of the matter are that like
most important decisions in my life I gave it no thought at all ,I just bought
it one day.Take care HOPPY