D.C. to Cincinnati

> > Fastest speed: 110mph.
>
> Mike, 110 mph!  That's all?  I am dissapointed!  For
> such a long trip, nothing
> less than 120 will be sufficient tp brag about.

It was because it was such a long trip that I did not
push the car's limits...

a) I did not want to break down in the middle of
nowhere.

b) I did not want to raise the ire of some local cop
with a hankerin' for some arrestin'.

c) the weather not exactly co-operative.

In defense of what some may call irresponsible speed,
however, I would mention that these speeds were only
achieved on open stretches of road with very light
traffic.  Also, the Imperial underwent MY pre-trip
check, which includes not only a vital fluids check,
but also a full systems check, and a wheels-off
inspection.

I'm glad many people have enjoyed reading my accounts,
and I wish that "you shall wander far in safety,
though you do not know the way".

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome