leather care?

Snow seal is actually Sno-Seal. It is most commonly used for sealing boots
and shoes from water and makes them somewhat waterproof. I have never heard
of anyone using it on seats, but it works great on leather boots, so I would
guess it would work on seats. One thing with snow seal is the leather needs
to be warm enough to melt the snow seal so it can soak into the leather.
Snow seal is made out of bees wax. If your car is setting in the hot sun on
a warm day(80) for an hour or two, that should be enough heat to do the
trick. Or use a hair dryer to heat it. Sno-seal can normally be found at
boot stores and outdoor supply stores and can be had for a mere $5. Also
good to note that it does darken brown and tan leathers on boots, won't
matter with black.
Brian