Fast idle how long???

Hi all,

My 83 has a Carter BBD carb.  How long should it stay on fast idle when it's warm out?  (75 degrees or warmer)

Mine seems to stay on fast idle for WAY too long.  3-4 minutes at least.

When you first start it, you can kick it down a little, but then it stays there for a long time.  I have checked out the choke heater and it seems to be OK.

(I accidentally left it on hooked one evening and the car would barely run until warmed up.)

Dan Wing
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

Marcy, NY