My 64 Crown up in flames!

Dave, the question remains.  What ignited the leaking fuel?  I am not sure if a
hot exhaust manifold can really ignite the fuel, unless its bright red after a
3 mile drag race.  It may be possible that your plug wires were a bit old
(leaking spark), and the fire started just before you turned off the car.  Or,
may be you have a short.  You may want to consider disconnecting the battery
until you solve this with certainty.
D^2