Silver meets her demise...?

My condolences Mike,
I've got a similar problem myself, I may be going for a new 360 :(
Since you do your own work, you may be able to get another big block in
there much cheaper than $3000. I'd see if I could get something at the yard,
from a friend etc., just to keep Silver running.  You could store the
original motor somewhere for a rebuild. Later when your rich :)
Hopefully you'll be able to get her going cheap. Don't listen to me though,
I never sell anything.
Good Luck,
ROb