cam bearing replacement in the car...

Hi all...

Yes, you can replace the cam bearings in the vehicle.  There are a couple
things to remember here, first off...if you have A/C, more than likely the
condenser will be in the way of getting the old cam out, unless you can tilt
the engine enough to gain some space. The compressor can just unbolt and set
to the side, but the condenser is tougher due to the hard lines not giving
you enough slack to be able to move the darn thing.

The second concern, the rear cam bearing.  With the engine in the car, you
can slide the rear cam bearing out since the rear cam bearing has a big old
plug in the way of it just sliding out the back, and a transmission in the
way of the big old plug.

Otherwise, you can make a cam bearing tool with those ( IMHO ) otherwise
worthless rubber expanding freeze plugs,  and for number 1 to  4 it works
well for removal or installation.  For number 5, you have to get the old
bearing out and not make a billion metal chips to get into places you dont
want, but you can use the freeze plug method to reinstall them.

Anyone interested in the minute details, Ill be happy to explain privately.
I posted on this once before, it should be in the archives I believe.

Thanks , take care

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe