Playing with the band (adjustment)

I was thinking of changing the transmission oil
and filter on my 82 imp, while doing this i will
maybe adjust the bands especially the low
reverse band due to the usual harsh
engagement when selecting reverse.

Idle speed is correct.

Question:- will adjustment make the harsh
engagement better or am i stirring up a
hornets nest????

I have read the pros and cons in the help
pages and don't know on which side of the
fence to fall.

Thanks. Neil Thorpe (bilateral speller) 1982 black imp
London England