Oil question-D^2?

>In addition to Mike P.'s comments, the reason why 5w30 is not recommended
>in
>hot weather is the following.  The 5w30 uses a 5w base stock and in order
>get to the 30w hot viscocity, they need a LOT of viscocity additives.

Ok, D^2 you don't like viscosity additives, I can understand that, but since
the 5 is when cold and the 30 when hot why shouldn't they act the same in
hot weather? Obviously that is ignoring any problem with the viscosity
additives.
I was told 5w30 was recommended for my 2.2, but the book says no so I'm
sticking with 10-30, 10-40.  I was going to put that 0W30 in my'cuda that
sits a lot, but I figure with all the leaking it isn't worth it.
Thanks everybody,
Rob