Lets settle this oil thing--vounteer needed!

Lets settle this oil thing--vounteer needed!

You raise some good points.  One thing I was perhaps
not clear on is when I use the heavier oil.  I only
use it in 'smokers' where it is at an unacceptable
level.  The alternative is rebuilding the engine.  If
the 50 W shortens the life it is really extending the
life as I would have already spent the money on the
rebuild.

If I had a daily driver that smoked, I'd probably
build it.  But a car that gets driven 2-3K a year a 1K
rebuild makes for an expensive cost per mile...

Kerry