galloping 440

--- Brian Collinsworth <67imperial@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> If Holleys are such a bad carburetor, why is it that
> Holleys are the preferred carb for high performance
> or racing?

Probably because Holley carbs offer more options for
performance tweaking.  And since racers generally tune
the car before each run, this is an advantage.

An Imperial, however, is a dignified, luxury
automobile.  The owner of an Imperial should not be
expected to pop the hood and fiddle with the
carburetor each time he or she plans to drive the car.

The Carter offers comparable performance, but with
MUCH greater dependability.  An AFB is probably the
closest thing to a "bullet-proof" carburetor ever
made, and the AVS is a close second.  AND even the
novice can generally get good results from rebuilding
an AFB or AVS (which can't be said of either the
Holley or the Carter ThermoQuad).

Happy Motoring!

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron (Carter AFB)