galloping 440

This seems to be the biggest anti-holley list in the world. I personally
like the holleys. Don't get me wrong, the Carters are great carbs. If
Holleys are such a bad carburetor, why is it that Holleys are the preferred
carb for high performance or racing? I have holleys on both my Imp and my
300 and have had no problem. The one on the Imp needs rebuilt, but has not
been touched for 6 years. The 300 has a crusty fuel tank and plugs up a
filter in about a week(tank full). It has been on there for two years and
still runs great.
Like I said, I like holleys and see nothing wrong with them.
Brian

> The best long term solution is replace the carb with a carter.  These
> carburetors had problems even when the cars were new.  According to the 68
> Owners Report published in April of 68, the second most repeating
mechanical
> problem with these cars (after the climate control) was the carburetors.
When