Imperial speed

Quoting Mark Swingle <mswing11@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Speed was never really what the Imperial was about, unless you were
> Ethel
> Merman in It's A Mad, Mad, Mad...World.
>
> The ample power in most years is a nice side benefit, but not the real
> reason for the car.

True to some extend.  It was not ALL about speed, correct.  It was about luxury
and speed.  Or may be, luxurious speed!  All Imperials were known to have
better handling and high speed stability than the competition, and often more
power.  True, the average luxury customer did not care about speed and that's
one of the reasons Imperials never sold very well.  Imperials always had a bit
of Chrysler 300 blood in their vanes!  With little effort, a late 60's Imperial
can be turned into a nice and efficient speed machine.  I am not talking about
200 mph of course!
D^2