Imperial speed

--- dardal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> It was not ALL about speed, correct.  It was about
> luxury and speed.  Or may be, luxurious speed!

There's a nifty 1959 Imperial ad that I have that
gives the Imperial perspective on this discussion:

"By Imperial Decree . . . Power.  Not raw, unbridled
power.  Not irresponsible speed.  Not hungry, violent
horsepower.  Imperial power is mature, obedient power
. . . under constant and gentle rein."

"You expect Imperial to be luxurious, exquisitely
tailored, elegant to a fault.  You expect generous
space and comfort.  But to find such agility in a car
this size . . . such spirited responsiveness, such
lightfingered controlability . . . this is the
constant surprise.  This is the "feel" an Imperial
owner loves."

I think this pretty well sums up what an Imperial is
supposed to be.

Elijah