Imperial speed & power.

An other thing to consider is the cost of gas.

America has some pretty cheap supplies of gas (even if
it is close to $2 a gallon in some areas). Especially
compared to many other parts of the world.

A guy I work with came over from England within the
last couple of years. He told me that in his part of
england, gas is ~5 american dollars a gallon or
something like that. At those prices, an Imperial
would be a costly habit.

That and a lot of older cities, especially in some
parts of Europe, are so thin, that American big cars
simply aren't practical. This isn't so much of an
issue now, as say, WW2, when most of the roadways were
not designed for this big machines, but rather the
older horse-powered (as in literally using horses) to
transport.

I had several relatives in WW2, most fought in the
European front. Basied on what I've heard from the few
who came back, things were really not friendly for
such big cars- especially in the rural areas.

So naturally, smaller cars "work" over there. Take
Japan. Very densely packed area in some of the more
populated cars. Gas also more costly over there.
Trying to use a big older Imperial over there would be
like trying to drive a golf cart around on NY city
sidewalks during a lunch hour. Would be nice on paper.
Not gonna happen though.

I think that as fuel prices increase with a smaller
supply of oil, and as more smog laws are put in place,
it will become ever more easier for us over here to
use the cars over there. Why do you think US cars have
pretty much gotten smaller (I'm talking cars- not
SUV's and such). The 90's Imperials are a lot smaller
and MPG fiendly then a 68 and such.