IML Paint question

>I know that of all the colors of the rainbow, white is the easiest color
>for
>a painter to apply to a car.  I dont know whether black is equally easy or
>terribly difficult. It comes down to whether a MAACO type shop, who painted
>yellow and beige (2 different cars!) pretty well could do equally well with
>my 2 black ones.
>Just a question
>Wayne

It's not how easy it is to apply the paint, it's that the darker the color
the more readily the defects in the surface show up.  If you want black your
body prep had better be spot on or you're asking for trouble.
The only real difficulties come from metallics and pearls which can become
uneven if not mixed properly.
As far as Maaco, they are like many other chain shops.  You wouldn't use
them for your 100 pt. restoration, but you can get a serviceable job. All
Maaco shops are not alike.  Just like Aamco, Strauss etc, they can hire some
true chimps that you wouldn't want near your car.  Some are better than
others so check some cars the shop you are considering turned out. The main
thing is body prep, and if you prep most of it yourself, remove trim, sand
it down, etc, you can get them to do a decent spray job, but if you were
going to do the prep you would paint it yourself, right? You have to draw
the line somewhere.
Rob