Paint fading was - New paint saga content

Paint fading was - New paint saga content

>Good question and the short answer is nothing. I've only had one car that
>was silver and did not like the way it held up but this will be base/clear
>and I'm HOPING the paint is better.  If not there will be "Son of paint
>saga" down the road.  The main problem I'm noticing now is that when I get
>the straight Urethane on a little too heavy the pigments tend to pool and
>you see a darker spot.  Easily fixed with an airbrush but a pain
>nontheless.
>
>http://imperialclub.com/repair/body/painting101/
>
>KerryP

Kerry,
Check the clear coat, I bet it has some kind of UV protection, if it doesn't
look into it.  My cousin is a ASE master paint tech & he was a fancy boy
auto paint tech trainer for Acme/Sherman Williams in Reno. Home of perfect
sheet metal and faded paint. If you have any questions let me know. Now he's
in private practice.  I know if he were still in NY all my cars would have
perfect paint not primer spots :(
Rob