parts for '67 LeBaron

Title: Re: IML: parts for '67 LeBaron
Francis,

Welcome yet another '67 owner!

You can probably find a decent rear bumper from any of the desert-area auto wreckers. Do you need all three pieces (including the outboard vertical bumperettes?) just the main horizontal center section? Either way, they are the same for '67 and '68, so that expands your search slightly.

Window motors are easier... check the IML website for resources, but also know that (a.) the same window motors fit virtually all Chrysler products from '67 to the end of the "Fifth Avenue" RWD models near 1990 (though some of the later models have reversed polarity, easily overcome by connecting the wires opposite their original order)... And (b.) you can rebuild them if you're electro-mechanically inclined. However, first be sure you actually need window motors. If I recall from your intro, your car only has 72k miles on it, which seems just  a little early for window motors to fail. However, 36 years is long enough for window mechanisms to seriously gunk up and electrical connections to corrode or come loose, or brittle wires to break.

As for the right-side mirror, did your car come with one new? These are not easy to find, but occasionally one comes up on eBay (and commands a healthy price). The nice thing about the "boxcar" Imperials ('67 and '68) is that the low beltline, prominent fender ridges and large glass area makes outward visibility quite good, even with the formal rear window (and a flat far-side mirror is virtually useless anyway for most driving functions). If your car didn't come with one new, installing one can be a bit of a challenge, so you might want to reconsider whether you want to go through the effort.

Hope this gets you started. I'm sure some other IMLers will come up with other resources for you.

Welcome to the club!
Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon

Fran Lovell (fran_lovell2001@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
My name is Francis, and I own a 1967 Imperial LeBaron 4-door hardtop. I am looking for a rear bumper, window motors, and a passenger-side outside mirror. Any help in locating these parts will be deeply appreciated. Thank you.