Don't cut the coupe!, was : New Member Nick Arnone

Don't cut the coupe!, was : New Member Nick Arnone

Nick, welcome to the club.  You got a very nice car (coupe) but the green
convertible still looks just fine.  Curious, why the driver side
fender "Imperial" emblem is installed on the wrong place?

We all understand these are your cars, and you can do what you want with them.
The interesting deal with the convertible is that they tend to reach high
prices, so even if you do a proper/complete restoration on it, you may still be
able to recover the cost (or at least a good part of it) if you ever sell it.
A close to perfect convertible, may reach as high as $15K or more.  As Mike
said, its unlikely a buchered coupe will get anywhere near there.

Fuerthermore, I can see the coupe as a much user friendly vehicle.  These cars
are great cross country cruisers, combining comfort, performance, and
handling.  The ragtop sacrifices a lot of these qualities.  The noise from the
top at highway speed totally sacrifices the comfort part, while the higher drag
of the ragtop at higher speeds sacrifices a big part of the performance.
Finally, the lack of protection from the heavy gage steel roof sacrifices much
of the safety portion.  Unlike most people owning classic cars, I like using my
cars as transportation, especially for long drives.  This is what these cars
were designed for.  I do not know how you drive/enjoy your cars, but if your
method of enjoyment is similar to mine, it would make little sense to torch the
coupe.  If you can afford it, you could try to keep both.  Restore the green
convertible for show, and keep the white as is for practical everyday driving
and/or long distance all-weather cruiser.  If you cannot afford to keep both
and really have got to have a ragtop, you could sell the white one to finance
the restoration of the green car.  A car in the condition of the white one
could be sold for $5,000 or $6,000 if you are patient, may be much more.

D^2, 68 LeBaron (sick transmission), 68 Sedan.