CA Senate Bill 708 needs to be defeated

That's all we need to happen, sounds to me we have a bunch of idiots who
have nothing better to do but pass these stupid laws, these aren't car
enthusiasts doing this, I consider my cars a hobby for me, hell I don't
protest other people doing what they want to do, now we have laws trying to
be passed to smog proof all types of cars.

My 91 Imperial is constantly being picked on by the smog people of Illinois,
it failed a couple of times in the past, so they have to test it to death
year after year just waiting for it to slip.  It's plain ridiculous, 95 and
up cars get away with going every two years, but they want mine back after a
year.  I have many reasons to hate emisions tests.  This is one of them,
it's not about clean air anymore, it's about destroying the cars I love and
can afford, not everyone has the money to go and buy a new car all the time,
plus I hate most of the ways new cars look today, they don't resemble cars,
they all look the same to me.

I think it sucks that we already lost a bunch of classic cars due to these
emisions laws, not to mention that most of them had a hard time surviving up
north as it is.

Please keep us posted here, I would hate to see this law go into effect.  It
sounds to me like they wont be happy until they get rid of the gasoline
combustion engine for good.  They probably would rather have us use solar
powered pieces of junk.

I think the smog laws are tough the way they are now, but this one is going
way too far.