Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 10:12 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Sentinel Lighting

Dale and the list,

Wasn't this the secondary benefit of Safeguard Sentinel, with the primary
benefit being automatic turn-on of the lamps at dusk? I've always been
disappointed that they dropped this feature during the NYB years...

Chris in LA

Good catch Chris.  It has been a while since I have had my beloved 75 Imperial so I completely forgot that the headlights would also come on automatically.  To do this, you would leave the headlight switch pulled out so the lights would be on.  On top of the dash there was a photo cell that would sense the waning daylight and turn the headlights on when the ignition switch was also on.

That 75 Imperial also had the factory alarm system.  Another rare option for Imperials.  I have not seen many of those.  I did find a 73 NYB that had the alarm system.  Does anyone know when the first year this option was offered in an Imperial?

Dale
68 Crown Coupe
60 New Yorkers
71 New Yorker