66 engine cutting out at highway speeds

Loyal:

Did you replace the fuel filter when you replaced the fuel pump?
A plugged fuel filter will act very much like a bad fuel pump.  The
new fuel pump could provide a little more pressure to overcome
the plugged filter for a time, then as it plugged further the problem
returns.

You may have dirt in the tank and this problem may recur even
though the filter and pump have been replaced.

A third problem could be the in-tank filter plugging.  I would
try the in-line filter first.

Obviously bogging down at highway speeds could be other things
such as points, coil, plugs or wires but the fact that the new fuel
pump corrected the problem for a time suggests you were on the
right track.

                                        Rolland Westra